Since being admitted to practice in 2011, Nicholas has gained experience in a wide range of personal legal services.
Nicholas has provided legal representation to clients in various family, criminal and commercial matters and has appeared in the Magistrates Court, District Court, Family Court of Western Australia, Road Freight Tribunal, State Administrative Tribunal, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Nicholas strives to provide thorough, personalised and sensible service in areas of the law which require sensitivity and attention to detail.
In particular, Nicholas has provided advice and representation in relation to:
- Financial and child related proceedings in the Family Court of WA;
- Industrial disputes heard before the Road Freight Tribunal;
- Criminal sentencing and pleas in mitigation; and
- Violence Restraining Orders or Misconduct Restraining Orders.
Some of Nicholas’ career highlights to date include:
- Acting as junior counsel in a 3 week District Court trial for a claim made against a company director;
- Appearing before the State Administrative Tribunal to successfully overturn a vehicle surrender notice issued under the Western Australian ‘hoon law’ legislation; and
- Successfully defending separate allegations of unfair dismissal and unconscionable conduct made against a publicly listed company in the Road Freight Tribunal.